Monday, January 30

My Brooksie

No matter who it is or where I am...people start to call me Brooksie almost as soon as they meet me.

They always seem to think that they've come up with a great new nickname until I point out that they, unfortunately, are not the first to come up with it.  Or the 300th. 

It's not a very big leap, afterall.  But I've been Brooksie to most people who know me for my entire life. 

There are a few friends who never call me anything but Brooksie.  So much so that even when they are introducing me to others I have to say, "you can call me Brooks..."

Mia started calling me Brooksie as soon as she could talk.  And Lucy calls me Brooksthie.  And their teachers call me Brooksie when I pick them up from school.

Even Brian fell to it but sweetly refrains because, for whatever reason, it kind of creeps me out to hear it from someone I'm dating...go figure.

So, it was no surprise to me that when my brother and his wife announced that they were going to name their son Elliott Brooks Wilder, I immediately began to refer to my unborn nephew as Brooksie.


Elliott Brooks Wilder


My sister-in-law, Elaine, gave birth to Elliott on Friday afternoon.  He weighs 7 lbs 9 oz and is 20 inches long, (the exact size that my brother, Paul, was when he was born.) 

I haven't met this sweet baby boy yet, and I cannot wait to get my hands on him, but I love him so much already that it hurts my heart a little bit. 

Our sweet Elliott. 

My Brooksie.

No comments:

Post a Comment