Tuesday, February 21

May Your Song Always be Sung.

When I try to put into words all the things that I want for the babies that, God willing, I will one day have...well, I can't.

Luckily for all of us, Bob Dylan could.  

The song Forever Young is in my heart always when I think about what I want for the children that I love.  What I want for my nephews.  For my future children.  


May God bless and keep you always
& may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others
& let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
& climb on every rung
& may you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,
may you grow up to be true.
May you always know the truth
& see the light surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
stand upright and be strong
& may you stay forever young.


May your hands always be busy,
may your feet always be swift,
may you have a strong foundation
when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful
& may your song always be sung
& may you stay forever young.

This song plays when my photography site opens, (brookswilderphotography.com)  It is also the opening credits for one of my favorite TV shows, Parenthood.  

And when my first nephew, Carter, was born, I made a piece of art for his nursery using the lyrics.  




And when Elliott was born, I made another.





These are the things that I wish for you, my sweet nephews, with all of my heart.  

As you grow, I pray that your hearts will always be joyful, that your songs will always be sung, and that, whenever possible, you will remind us all to stay forever young.

Until then.

Visit the Brooks Wilder Photography blog to see photographs from Paul & Elaine's maternity session and from my Brooksie's newborn portraits session.

No comments:

Post a Comment