Tuesday, April 10

Home Again

Good evening, folks.

Before anything else, I have to say that I hope that wherever you are, the weather has been as gorgeous for you as it has been around here lately! 

After a really warm start to Spring, we're having a really mild start to Summer...  

and I like it.

So, it has been a while, I know.  After a few weeks of being cryptic about the big move...I disappeared.

Unfortunately, not for any good or exciting reasons.

As most of you probably know, I was completely in love with my old apartment and very sad when I had to move out.  

I talked about it here.

And here.

And here...

Well, the reason that I was being cryptic about the big move was because, a couple of months ago, I found out that I had the opportunity to move back into my apartment.  And I was very excited.  

The prospect of having my apartment back, (and having it back completely empty, a blank canvas...) had me bursting with creative energy.  

I pulled furniture out of storage, boxed up all of my things, and started several projects (furniture makeovers, etc.) with which to fill and decorate my new/old apartment.

You can probably guess where this story is going.  As they sometimes do, things fell apart.  

And as it turns out, I am not getting my old apartment back.  

I am, however, packed and ready to go.  (with some awesome new/old pieces of furniture)

So, I've been too busy pouting the last week or so to update, and I'm sorry.  I'm kind of a marshmallow.

But I have parents who love me and allow me to fill up their spare bedrooms with boxes and furniture.

I have a man who loves me and indulges my pouting.  

And I do have a few promising prospective places (say that 10x fast....) that I'm considering taking.

It was really perfect timing that Easter was this weekend.  

There's nothing like a beautiful sunrise service on the river to put things into perspective for you.




C'est la vie.   Que sera sera.  Life goes on.  Etc., etc., etc.

So, I'm enjoying the beautiful weather, being with the people I love, and looking forward to another new home.  A new blank canvas.  

I made 3 really cute paper flowers based on this project I found on BHG.com, (with some variations,) this week.


via BHG.com


I'll post on the project tomorrow, I'm really excited about how they turned out, (and possibly about my very 1st giveaway...you heard me.)

Until then, here's hoping that you all had an Easter weekend filled with love and perspective.  




No comments:

Post a Comment