Wednesday, August 31

I love avocados.

I decided I wanted to try and grow my own avocado tree.

I love avocados.

Love. them.

Now, there's no guarantee that I'll ever get fruit from these trees. And if I do, they might taste the same as Haas avocados, (which I'm using) are grafted and often cross-breeds so there's no telling what you'll get.

But I'm going for it. It can take 5-7 years but, let's face it, I probably won't own a house much sooner than that, so I wouldn't want to plant it in the ground before then anyway.

So, first, wash the pit from the avocado. Then place three toothpicks in it, right in the middle, (of the length)

Then, place the broad side of the pit in a glass of water, using the toothpicks to hold it up. You want about an inch of the pit covered.

That's it. I'll keep you updated on it's progress...here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment