Tuesday, September 6

Garden Update

I was away this weekend and it was so fun when I got home to see how much everything in the garden had grown while I was gone.

My soy beans continue to be awesome.




I'm not certain but I think those are the beginnings of pods there...

My sugar snap peas peeked through while I was gone, looks like all 8 that I planted have taken.




7 out of 8 of my green beans are growing like weeds. Or like healthy green bean plants.




So, I planted another seed this afternoon where the 8th plant failed to grow.

I also have pretty much decided that I'm not a huge fan of those seed starter pods I used. Not many of the seeds that I started in them have grown, except for the awesome soy beans.

I pulled out all of the carrots, except 3, and replanted seeds directly into the soil, as well as the broccoli and cauliflower. I also planted some basil and rosemary directly in the soil as I think some little critter got to all of my seed starters that I planted the day I started the garden.

All of my "mound" vegetables are doing really well...I had to thin them out today because all of the seeds I planted took. SO I'm down to 3 a hill and I'm not sure that I won't have to take it down to 1 or 2 each square. So I've got some cucumbers, squash and zucchini on the way for sure.




And I was happy to see this little guy peeking through today.




This is my first spinach plant! I'm really excited about the spinach so I was getting a little nervous that they weren't showing up...but this gives me hope.

I truly am loving this garden. I spent quite a bit of time out there this evening and came away in such a great, quiet mood.

Being outside, away from everything and in this nice weather we're having, (with finally a hint of cool in the air,) and seeing the progress and thinking of all the recipes I can use these vegetables and herbs in...I highly recommend it to all of you.

Well, I've missed you, am happy to be home and am working on telling you all about my trip. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment