Tuesday, July 3

Grow Wise, Little Owl

Hi, every body!

I am so excited to share this with you guys...




This is the love-child of two Pinterest projects that I couldn't get out of my head.

I got the idea for "Grow Wise, Little Owl" here...


From the Etsy shop Betsy's Wood

And the idea for the animal silhouette, here.


From the blog Nana Company

So, it's really easy just to Google "_____________ silhouette" and print out whichever shape you'd like to use.  

I did an owl, duhr.

The background is a piece of scrapbook paper and I used a piece of corrugated cardboard, (which I also found on the scrapbook aisle of the crafts store,) for the owl.  

I used a razor blade to cut out the U shapes on his body to look like feathers.

& I bought stick-on letters to use for the words because I knew I wanted to carry them over the matte and onto the picture itself.  

Now, on to the really cute part.  

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have the two cutest nephews that have ever existed.

Here is my sweet Elliott enjoying his newly decorated reading corner.

Which, if I may say so, is very impressive for a 4 month old.






Sweet Elliott, I love you so.

I hope so many things for you.  

I hope that you always love books.  

I hope that you wear glasses, {because I think you'll look so cute.}  

I hope that you grow up strong and proud.

Gentle and kind.

Bright and happy, with your parents' laughs.


But until then, little owl, grow wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment