Sunday, October 23

Drumroll, Please

Almost 4 years ago, my best friend and blogger of Wholly Guacamole!, Jordan and I went on a road trip during Spring Break of our Senior year in college.

She and a boy had been dating for a few weeks and I was pressuring her to add him as her boyfriend on Facebook.

Ah, Facebook.

It wasn't that she didn't like him enough or even that she didn't already consider him her boyfriend.  It was that, as you all undoubtedly know, something about Facebook makes it more official.  God only knows why this is...

Well, God and Mark Zuckerberg.

But it is. 


Love that the 2008 graphics here actually
make me feel kind of old.

Jordan did add Josh as her boyfriend that day.  And this picture is now framed in their house.

They are two of my dearest friends, and are one of those couples that I look up to, strive to be like and only sometimes envy.

Facebook has changed the way that we do things. 

Before Brian and I went on our first date, I stalked him on Facebook.

Before I accepted his friend request, I made sure that I liked all of the pictures that I was tagged in.

The number of friends that we have in common is growing everyday and when I saw the notification that he and my best friend were Facebook friends, I "liked" it. 

Say what you will, but I don't think that Facebook makes anything that we do mean any more or any less.  Frankly, I just don't trust anyone who doesn't have Facebook.

The bottom line is that we share with each other in a way that we didn't before. 

Sure, some of us share too much at times.  We're still learning.

But, I know that my friends and family will be just as happy to see this as I was for Josh and Jordan back in 2008.





Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment